Transport Matters believes that as a community we have a responsibility to look after our environment. To create a sustainable Victoria, we must take appropriate steps towards protecting and supporting all flora and fauna.
Supporting and protecting our environment is essential for our wellbeing and survival.
- Reducing greenhouse gases and emissions;
- The implementation and development of electric and hybrid buses, taxis and cars;
- Reducing road congestion and improving public transport infrastructure;
- Wind and solar farms;
- Protection of wildlife and habitat;
- Green hubs to support local biodiversity;
- Sustainable farming;
- Improved waste management and increased recycling capabilities of Victorian facilities;
- Preventing animal cruelty;
- Increased park lands and wetlands in suburban areas;
- Research into the management of state forests and parklands in order to prevent bushfires;
- Reducing reliance on plastics and non-recyclable materials where possible.
1 Encourage use of environmentally sustainable and friendly technologies;
2 Increasing public transport usage;
3 Reducing the use of non-recyclable products such as plastic bags.